About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A taste of Home at Leila's

I was in a long trip touring the continent of Australia, I admit I had a delish trip in term of food, especially in Melbourne, as it's well known of her good food, but all that time away from home I didn't have a warm Arabian food, going back to Dubai, I had to meet a lot of friends over lunches and dinners in international restaurants none of them served oriental food. One day I really felt nostalgic, nostalgic for home and for some warm oriental food, so I headed to one of my favourite restaurant ever Leila's Restaurant. You may have read my previous posts about this fantastic place READ HERE and HERE, I really like it, it makes me feel I am home, although I am Egyptian but the Lebanese food is not really foreign to us or to any family in Egypt and the gulf, and especially Leila's food is so homey so you literally feel like you old grandma with Lebanese roots is cooking you dinner. So just by stepping into Leila the boulevard I heard Abdel Halim's voice singing, and the yummy smell of the grill...I knew then I was at the right place. I don't smoke Shisha, so I chose to sit indoors, but if you smoke sit outside and have a very nice view of the streets outside and the boulevard area.















I was welcomed by two super friendly waiters, who served me with a smile all the time and we very helpful without even knowing I was reviewing the restaurant.


I started with stuffed vine leaves an all time favourite with chicken liver and Hummus, followed by a mix grill main dish (Mashawy) and for drinks I had one of their signature fresh lemon mint. The appetizers was mouthwatering, and the chicken liver was soft and marinated to perfection. The mixed grill platter was a festive for my taste buds, so juicy and tasty. I wished I had a room for my favourite dessert their the Ghazl Beirut which is cotton candy with rose water ice-cream yummmy.

If you ever in Dubai, Egypt or Lebanon make sure to stop by Leila for lunch or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment