About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Mani Monday: Valentine's day special

I don't know why Valentine's  day is always associated with the colour red, I never like to wear red on that day, actually I am not a big fan of Valentine's day, thanks to the Egyptian teenagers who show up to restaurants dressed head to toe in red, running around and screaming with red boxes and lame red teddy bears, Yuck ! It's starting to be hard to find a quiet and romantic diner place without those loud teens shouting on the next table. " I guess I am getting older".
So if you are like me and don't like to wear red on that day, but however want to add a touch of red to your outfit, you can go for red nails. Red nails never fail to look sexy and chic, and matches almost every colour you will be wearing.

Here are some of my favourite red nail polishes;

I have always envied Oliva Palermo for her red shiny nails, I did my research and found out that it is Lollipop from Essie. However when I tried it on my nails it looked weird, it's red with orange undertone. but my manicurist suggested Russian roulette from Essie instead. it's almost the same colour like Lollipop but surprisingly it looked great. If you are OPI fan, try "Big Apple Red" it almost the same colour as well.


Olivia wearing Lollipop on her nails

lollipop

Russian Roulette

Big Apple Red

For Darker shade of red, try Nivea's Deep Ruby, very nice deep colour.

 for a little bit of glitter, try the China Glaze's Ruby pumps.


Essie and OPI are available in almost all specialized nail salons in Cairo, and China Glaze available in Pace e Luce salon.

Happy Valentine's day Everyone.

Noha

No comments:

Post a Comment