About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

What's in her bag?!

Today we have not only one bag, but two. Chanel,Cupcakes, Cameras and Crayons had the chance to go inside the handbags of the two Sabry sisters, the sweet ladies behind Sahara store in Zamalek.

Zeina Sabry

Karmah Sabry


Ever since Karmah was a child, she has always been interested in fashion, style & design. From modelling at a few fashion shows as a child, to taking numerous arts & crafts classes, to minoring in Art at AUC. The media & captivating life of cinemas and TV was a great influence in her life, having her father working in that field. So after graduation she worked at Fox International,Foxmovies & Foxseries, while taking fashion & design courses to pursue her passion. That's when she and her sister Zeina decided to team up with my uncle's clothing factory to open up our boutique. Zeina says" The Sahara Collection has given me an opportunity to design wearable and affordable clothes that I was always hoping to see in Egypt. I always felt that not many styles are wearable on the streets of Cairo, so I was happy to be able, along with my sister to create unique and comfortable designs that are also affordable. I love tribal prints, fringe and basic clothing. I wanted Egypt to have a homegrown brand that is able to give people wearable clothing as well as a sense of style. I’ve always loved handbags, and my sister and I were able to design a new line of handbags that have just hit the store.

Inside Karmah's bag:



I always like carrying bags that fit my things, but without breaking my back. This suede and floral-patterned clutch is one of our designs at Sahara, that can fit enough items without being too heavy.I always carry my "Too Faced" bronzer, which gives an instant fresh-tanned look.make-up brush by Ecotools, made from recycled wood, which is why I bought it. I try to stay "green" as much as possible. My dior lipstick, a faint shade of berry pink, Dettol anti-bacterial gel : always carry it around.my keys: Chanel pink bag keychain with diamante embellishment.my sunglasses (Bvlgari), my Karren Miller wallet; black leather with a chunky metal clasp. I like to mix my style with edgy, laid-back, funky and classic items. 

 
Inside Zeina's bag:

This bag is an item we designed, it’s my favorite color and has a strip of ikat, a print I’m really loving this summer.I’m pretty basic with the items in my clutch. I always keep a jar of Vaseline, it works for anything! My keys, and my ipod  which I cannot live without. I make sure I carry "Too faced" bronzer because I get a bit pale in the winter. I keep my keys, and my phone charger with me at all times.


No comments:

Post a Comment