About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kaftan mania

I wake up today and looked at the calender to discover that it's only 20 days till Ramadan, I was like what?! no again What? Ramadan! 20 days!...I still didn't even have my summer vacation yet, but to be honest I don't care if I won't be going to the beach for long time this summer, because I am really longing to spend Ramadan in Cairo this year, I miss going to Iftar and sohour family gatherings and having friends over,standing at long queues to get Basbousa from Mandarin Kouider, going to Taraweeh prayers with my family, and getting stuck everyday at traffic for hours whilst listening to silly Ramadan radio series before Maghrab time, well maybe I don't miss that thing :)

I have noticed something during my short stay in the gulf,  which is how the ladies there love to wear kaftans,or as they call them "thobes" to Iftar invitations during the month of Ramadan, I guess it is a khaligji tradition after all, however I thought of getting couple of kaftans to wear for the time I am having guests over for Iftar or sohour. Before leaving to Egypt, I began the hunt for kaftans, but surprisingly the kaftans that I loved the most are by the Egyptian brand Nazeeka.  Here are some of the designs I liked, so come on help me to choose from them.

Add caption






like our page on Facebook, click here to know which one I ended up getting:)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely kaftans, I especially like the grey one with the pink and orange trim, the purple one is great for a more dressy occasion.. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete