About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Helwa Ya Zooba

I missed you all, it has been a week since my last post. I have been traveling, packing and unpacking is the worst thing about traveling, but now I am back finally to my beloved Cairo. Since I reached the C-town I have been welcomed with heavy dinner and lunch invitation of Mahsy, Molokhya, Hamam and the likes :)
 As much as I really missed the home-cooked Egyptian food, I also missed the famous street, food such as koshary, kebda and hawashy. So first time I went out for dinner I had to stop by Zooba, which is a new concept in dinning, which has recently opened in Zamalek. I went with my husband who is an expert in street food, "as like most of the Egyptian guys who spend more than half of their lifetime hanging out around the street food carts around Cairo".

 Zooba is basically an authentic Egyptian street food with a very creative twist and astonishing interiors and food packaging. Everything you can crave for is there, foul, ta'aemya, sogoa'a, koshary, besara, kebda, hawashy and many more. We ordered two small koshary and one hawashy and one kebdah, the food was delicious, and the best thing about Zooba is that you won't be feeling guilty or afraid after eating thing like hawashi, kebdah or ta'aemya since the place is super clean. I highly recommend Zooba if you are a street food lover like me, or if you are a foreigner and want to have a bite of the true Cairo.


Karkadeh with lemon juice is a must try

How cool ?!

Patata  that you can add molasses, marshmallows and sesame to it

Even their menu is so creative






Assaliya

The Koshary station





the crowd at Zooba

























2 comments:

  1. they've tourshy Kharshouf & lentil salad !!! WOW me like looooooads :) will try to convince my hubby to go there :) tx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zooba apk mı arıyorsun? Tıkla, zooba apk indir: zooba apk

    ReplyDelete