About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

DIY Studded Blazer

Yay, at last here it is my first ( Do it yourself) blog post entry, I have been always a great fan of DYI projects, and since I was a kid I used to watch those silly children's T.V shows on the Egyptian Channel 2, and try to imitate the simple DIY projects that they used to feature in the program. I used to call them "A'amal faneyah" : artistic work, it was funny and I remember how much my mum hated them because I was ruining everything around me with paint and glue. Eventually this hobby grew with me and turned from making birthday parties ornaments to making my own hair bands, and makeup bags, and here I am writing about some of the things I love to do myself.

Spikes and Studs are so in, from Louboutin to Zara, it seems like spikes and studs are all over the universe. I have noticed the any spiked or studded product has to be automatically worth a fortune, and I really dunno why, for some products "especially some of the local designers work" are just plain and they stick the spikes on. There was a beautiful studded blazer that I really wanted "which in same way is an imitation of the famous Balmain blazer",  but when I saw it at real life, two thing hit me, first the price it was ridiculously expensive,  the other thing is when I saw it closely it was just a normal plain black blazer, with some studs on it , yes it looked great but why the hell should I spend all that money to buy a blazer with some metal things on it. I went home disappointed and I told my mum what happened " looks like a big thing, but yes I am like that when I put my mind on getting something and I don't get it ", she told me "Noha don't worry I will get it to you". Silly me I though Mamy was going to spend her lifetime saving and get me the blazer, but instead next day she showed up with a tiny paper bag with the faded name of "El Nomorosy" printed on it. and another bag from H&M. And she smiled to my face saying  "tadaaah I got you your dream blazer". Actually she didn't get me THE blazer, but she got me a blazer; a black simple H&M blazer for 180 L.E and five dozens of gold studs from El Nomorosy for 60 L.E. Doing your own studded blazer is so simple and doesn't need any sewing skills. The studs are super easy to attach to the cloth, just mark the place where you want to place the studs with a dry old bar of soap or chalk, let the stud penetrate the cloth and close their edges with you finger, et voila a studded blazer for 240 pounds.
Now I will go buy all  of the blazers stock from H&M and a barrel of studs from El Nomorosy, and start my own line, make a fortune and become famous, and when I appear on T.V " I will say (with a fake accent) yes all my life I knew I will be a designer I have always wanted to be, I used to sew my own dolls' clothes" Isn't it how it goes ? with all my due respect to all respectable and talented designer that I really cherish and love.











I will post a picture of the finished blazer in an outfit du Jour post, which is another new feature to the blog. thank God it turned out to be good. And by the way you can find many kinds of studs at El Nomorosy or Kol She'a, or any other sewing and tailoring supplies stores which are scattered everywhere in all countries and they literally cost nothing, I wasn't lucky with spikes but you can order them online on www.spikesandstuds.com

Here are some inspirational photos that I collected to give some ideas. You can stud anything, bags, clutches, shoes, trainers, blazers, shorts, jeans or even abayas and veils











*First set photos set belong to Chanel, cupcakes, cameras and crayons, and the second photo set is taken from Google.

2 comments:

  1. this is amaaaazing.. which nomrossi did ur mum get theb studs from.. i went to 3 of them and they didnt have 'em:)

    ReplyDelete