About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Product of the month

Three weeks ago, one of my friends asked me to recommend a good makeup remover for her, for a moment I hesitated and couldn't actually remember what makeup removal I was using right that moment, maybe because it wasn't something special, I was always switching back and forth between Sephora makeup removal and Bourjois's which I got as a gift when I purchased their Duo mascara.

So going back home I kept on thinking about it, I may not be the kind of person who applies makeup everyday and if I ever did I would just work on the eyes and the lips not my face. maybe because I am now a working mum and don't really have time to waste 30 minutes in front of the mirror everyday to do my makeup, but on the other hand I am a big makeup collector, I am addicted to buying makeup and playing with it when I have some free time. Anyways during those previous weeks I had two important events that made me do a full face makeup, going back home it took me some time to remove my makeup with my normal makeup removals, yeah they did remove my makeup but I had to rub my face many times with the cotton pad till it turned a little red to have it all go away. So I thought to myself: Noha it's about time I invest in a really good makeup removal.

And suddenly I remembered that  the last time I was in Paris I entered a pharmacy " Oh God how much do I love the french pharmacies, I could spend hours there just browsing through the products, taking notes and trying to read the ingredients with french just to prove to my companions that my french is so good that I am reading the ingredients on the cream with french, while it's the same as in English or to be more accurate with its Latin chemical name, that I knew because I am originally a pharmacist", anyway when I was there a lady came to me and told me about Bioderma, which is a french makeup cosmetics and beauty line, I had already knew Bioderma from Egypt as its Zinc cream was the only thing that helped to take away the redness on my friend's face when she had a really bad facial right before her engagement party. anyways back to the main subject- I don't know why I keep on telling sub-stories away from what I am supposed to be saying- I tried there the Bioderma Sensibio  makeup removal and I thought it was amazing, but there were two reasons why I didn't get it,  first the price, it was a little pricey and I had almost spent all the money I had,  and the second reason was it came in a one liter bottle and my luggage was already extra weight and I didn't want to pay for another extra kilo.



 So back to our present time,I was at a wedding fair in the Hilton hotel, and to my good luck I saw by chance a booth for Bioderma "sometimes I am just too lucky, well only sometimes" so I went there and  bought the thing with an amazing discount. When I tried on a heavy makeup it was really really good, it's  by far the most amazing makeup removal I ever used. The Bioderma Sensibio is fragrance free and  it contains a cleanser that can be found in contact lenses solutions! So you know that it's not going to irritate the eyes, and that is what I like about micellar solutions - they are gentle. So gentle in fact that they are great if you have sensitive or dry irritated skin , but yet it has very strong removing power and it's doesn't smudge your makeup when removing it, that the thing about micellar solutions is they leave absolutely no residue on the skin, it is as if you just washed your face with water. That's great for days I want to re touch my makeup without redoing it completely or if I make a mistake with my eyeliner and want to just touch up. Most makeup removers leave a greasy residue on the skin that I find makeup won't adhere to if you want to then re apply over it. I do recommend it to everyone, it's really a good investment and works for almost every skin type, and the other thing that I have learned later that it's the number one choice for makeup artists and Vloggers "maybe because all the Vloggers are turning into makeup artists I guess".

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review, I have been looking for a makeup removal that doesn't irritate my eyes and actually remove all the makeup. I think I will try it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in Egypt can you buy this as I am going there at the end of the month. any how much is it? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find it in almost all the big pharmacies there.

      Delete