About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Interview With The Blogger, "my interview with Soraya Bakhtiar from The Trend Report"

The Trend report is one of  my favourite fashion blogs that I have to check on a daily basis, and I was so lucky to be able to interview Soraya Bakhitar, the trend report writer, Soraya is a 22 years old , Swiss born with Egyptian/Iranian roots, she comes from a fashionable and artistic family, as her Mum is the May day knitwear designer and her aunt is Alyaa Kamel the poet and painter.
I just love Soraya's style, it's so trendy and chic, yet always changing and I like how she mixes colour and brands together flawlessly, and  I'm fond of her fabuolus collection of  Proenza Schouler and Céline bags.


- How did you get started with fashion?
Soraya: I'd like to think that I started with fashion the minute I was out of my mummy's belly. From a young age I've been surrounded by many creative personalities. But the defining moment was probably when I secretly tried on my mother's rhinestone shoes when I was 4 years old hoping that one day they would fit me. I called them the cinderella shoes. Since then, my passion for fashion has grown tremendously.


Soraya is wearing Alexander Wang dress, YSL shoes and Chanel bag

- Describe your style.

Soraya:  I never know what to answer when I'm asked to describe my style because it varies on my mood and the seasons. In the summer I'm usually more romantic, wearing floral dresses and bright colors whilst in the winter i'm all about chunky knits and biker boots but I always like to look polished and chic.

Alexnder Wang dress and Celine Clutch

Craft Denim, Chanel bag, Zara scarf and Ash sneakers
-What are you inspired by ?
Soraya: I'm inspired by other people's style, in magazines or on the street. Especially now that I live in London, it is so refreshing to see people dress differently, I love it! But I'm often inspired by some of my comtemporary favorite fashion icons : Alexa Chung, Olivia Palermo, Lily Aldridge and some other cool bloggers.


- We knew that you left to London to study fashion, how is living in London and how's school going on ?
Soraya:
I love London. I'm really happy to live here now. This city is full of wonders, it's an adventure every day. I'm doing a Masters in Fashion Journalism at London College of Fashion and it's going well, a lot of work. I'm looking for an editorial internship on the side eventhough I'm quite busy already with all my freelance jobs (PinkMemo.com, OliviaPalermo.com, etc.).

- Who are your favourite designers?
Soraya:
Jack& Lazaro for Proenza Schouler, Isabel Marant and Phoebe Philo for Céline


Isabel Marten pants, Proneza Schouler bag
 
- Favourite high street store?
Soraya:
Who doesn't love Topshop? (ok, and Zara too...)
Zara Sandals and Clutch

-Favourite shoes and bags designer?
Soraya:
For shoes I love Nicholas Kirkwood and Charlotte Olympia. Bags : Proenza Schouler (I love them all)

Proenza Schouler bag

- What are your favourite fashion blogs that you read daily ?

Soraya: I'm obsessed with The Man Repeller, also look at OliviaPalermo.com, FashionFoieGras and CarolinesMode.


Dannijo X Man repeller necklace



- What's your favourite city in the world ?
Soraya:
New York will always have my heart

- What's on your Christmas wishlist?
Soraya:
At the moment, a macbook air 11" is probably the only thing on my Christmas wish list and maybe something from Céline. I seriously need to think about it, I'm so preoccupied by others gift!

-What was your last purchase?
Soraya: 
latest purchase was this morning (oops!): an Iro sequined biker jacket. Initially went to the Mulberry Sample Sale hoping to find something but went to Selfridges right after.

- Any future plans , you would like to share with us ?

Soraya: Future plans? Mmmmh. Considering that I'm planning on staying in London after my MA, probably get a super-cool-fabulous job ?


I just love the mix of red jackets with the greys, the brown hat and the Chanel bag, brilliant!

 
love that electric blue Zara skirt
 Soraya's website: thetrendreport.ch

1 comment:

  1. I love her style! :)

    P.s. U are welcome to check out my fashion blog anytime! Thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete