About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Pretty snack for a pretty girl

One of the oldest and most effective healthy diet tips , is to snack on fruits or vegetables between the three main meals of the day, snacks will not only help you feel full but will  increase your metabolism as well, and as eating raw fruits and vegetables can be so boring sometimes, try to change in the way you eat them, try cutting them into small chunks or mix them with some fat free yoghurt or blend it as a smoothie.

for me I like to mix slices of kiwi with strawberry cubes and whole raspberries, the mix of the colour is fabulous,it stimulate my appetite and makes me feel content while eating, it's just like the African proverb says " the eye eats before the mouth does".
Not only these fruits have million benefits to your health, it also have a lot of benefits to your hair,skin and nails, for example kiwi contains vitamin C which is an anti-oxidant, prevent skin ages, helps you have an even skin tone and prevents blemishes, and it also contains Zinc, which helps in keeping skin, hair and nails beautiful and healthy, strawberry also has vitamin C and helps keeping your teeth whiter, raspberry on the other hand helps burning fats and is also rich in vitamin C , Folic acid and Vitamin B

On summer days I like to make a kind of smoothie that keep me refreshed ad hydrated, for me the kiwi smoothie is too sour, so I add some watermelon for more sweetness and texture, watermelon is another fruit with beautifying benefits, first it is full of fibers, makes you feel full fast and helps clean and un-bloat your stomach thus helps you to lose weight, plus it has a lot of vitamins A,B and C that will help nourish your skin and keeps you hydrated.



Here is how I make the smoothie, recipe adapted from tastespot.com

2 cups seedless watermelon chunks
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 cups vanilla yogurt
1 cup ice
Sprigs of fresh mint for garnish (optional)
Place ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.
Makes about 4 cups (1 L).




3 comments:

  1. I like it so much.. espicially the red and green color together r amazing..
    I will try doing this smoothie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah try it and tell me how is it ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. From where can I buy fresh raspberries?

    ReplyDelete