About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Fashion Forward Day 2



Day two, was so crowded, well of course it should have been, it was the day that Dubai’s beloved Indian designer Essa and Beirut’s sweetheart Rami Al Kadi displaying their collection. Essa’s show was for the trendy party animal girl, as per his own words.  This season was all about colored feathers centered on the waistline, colored faux fur, and colour-block leather coats and skirts. By evening, one of the shows I was waiting for “The Rami Al Kadi show”, me go back to the hotel to change into something fancier. Al Kadi’s Mariyam Fares’s couturier, he has been dressing her for more than couple of years now. Specialized in haute couture and bridal gowns, the theme of the show was inspired by princesses and fairytales, titled “Enchanted Kingdom” , a fairytale story was being narrated before the models emerged into the runaway, keeping everyone excited to see the real princesses of that story. Models were sent to the catwalk with a crown of fresh flowers towering their heads, marching with pastel, gold and brocade fabrics turned into beautiful classic cut yet stunning dresses. The only thing disappointing for me, was that I was expecting to see Miriam Fares, actually I don’t know why, but I felt she will be walking down the catwalk with the finale wedding dress, Mr. Rami, that would have been such a good idea, please consider it for the next show.

 Jumpsuit: Dina Al Beltagy, Shoes: Chanel, Earrings: Beymen, Clutch: Zaam.

 Essa Show















After the show I had sometime so I went to the garden to check on the latest trends and pieces from young local designers.
Two scoopes
Fyunka

Me and fashionista Hadia Ghaleb hands




Egyptian brand Koukla booth

Yasmine Helal founder of Koukla

with Hadia Ghaleb

dark angel :)

 By night, I had to change into something classic to match the theme of the Rami Al Kadi Show.












 My dress is custom made by the beautiful designer Deana Shabaan, I saw the fabric on one of her evening gowns, and I fell in love with it. I went to Deana at her atelier in ABnG and we had talk about the look I want, and she succeeded into transferring the material into a fun but feminine cocktail dress, I paired them with a custom made pearl earrings and a matching hand cuff, and a clear clutch.




No comments:

Post a Comment