About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The day Yuko did my Hair

It was a normal day, I was invited to an exciting event, where Yuko Yamashita the very famous hair stylist and straight hair expert with coming with Sunsilk to Rima beauty center, to educate us about straight hair and about Sunsilk's new collection straight hair..

When I was on my way to the event, I got a call from the Sunsilk team asking me if I would like to Model for Yuko to demonstrate the Sunsilk Straight-lock line, without hesitation I agreed, since I was hoping to get a chance to talk with Yuko, and let her see my hair and give me some advice since my hair was so much damaged at that time, so knowing that I will be the one who Yuko will be taking care of her hair at the event, was very thrilling to me.

As I arrived I met Yuko she was so cute and sweet, she is also very down to earth, I get so happy to find someone so famous and professional to be that modest. She started by explaining to us more about her line and collaboration with Sunsilk, if you didn't know Yuko was the one who invinted the straightening hair system, and she collaborated with Sunsilk to create the Sunsilk straight-lock.The pioneering Straight-Lock Technology harnesses the power of amino silicone; an adhesive ingredient and mineral oils, locking in that magic moment for perfect shape. The technology, concentrated in the conditioner, has a patented product formula which attaches to every strand,nourishing the hair’s fibres while also securing straight hair. The Straight-Lock Technology gives lasting hold to freshly washed hair, speeding up the time spent on drying and straightening, so you can literally wash and go. The powerful conditioner provides essential nourishment to hair, without leaving residue. This means hair can stay manageable and retain its healthy shine.

Yuko shared with me some hair styling secrets that I am happy to pass it to you, she told me the secret for beautiful hair is to be super clean, so if your hair is long like mine,make sure you wash it very well, and event twice if necessary, as you need to wash thoroughly from the roots to the ends, and maybe one time won't be enough. She advised me to leave the Sunsilk straight-lock conditioner on the hair without completely rinsing it, when I showed my concern, she told me it's OK to leave it as it designed for this, although it's not a leave-in conditioner, it won't make your hair fall or anything, she told me leaving a bit of the conditioner won't harm the hair, however it will help protecting against the heat from the hair dryer or flat iron, she used the expression it's like frying eggs in a pan without oil, the eggs will of course burn.


When it came to hair drying technique, Yuko didn't use at all the brush, instead she hold a strand of my hair from the ends and worked with the hairdryer. she said we have to direct the hair dryer downwards and prevent it from blowing the hair in different direction as this will increase the hair breakage and if your hair is frizzy this well help a lot.


My hair was so damaged because I coloured it from a year ago and I didn't like the colour so I kept on dying it to remove that old colour, so can you imagine hair after 5 times colorings. To honest I have never ever imagine that just by one time usage my hair would feel that soft, the important thing for me was its texture. It was a dramatically significant change from just one time. Everyone in the room could feel the difference, I even encouraged them to touch my hair to see by themselves how soft it did feel.

I must say I never though just a shampoo and conditioner could give me this result and from the first use. But note it's not a permanent treatment, so you have to keep using it to get that result. I can gladly say that Sunsilk straight-lock is now part of my hair care routine. I swear by its effect. You have to try it yourself and send me your feedback.Thank you Sunsilk team and thank you Yuko for giving me a chance to try this product and thank you for keep on calling me Cleopatra.







Here are some questions answered by Yuko herself for many of the hair problems that you may have:

Q: What according to you are few of the basic tricks girls can include in their daily hair care routines to keep their hair poker straight?
A: Well conditioned hair is the best first step to great looking straight style. Any friction between hairs causes damage. I recommend a treatment, conditioner, and combing cream to prevent damage.

Q: What in your experience are some of the common mistakes that girls make when caring for straight hair?
A: The common mistakes are, for example, using hair care appliances that over heat and dehydrate their hair causing the fibers to split and become damaged. I always recommend using a heat protection spray and weekly conditioning treatment.

Q: What inspired you to make hair straightening your focus? What has your journey in this specialization been so far?
A: I was inspired by talking to a girl who had particularly frizzy hair and was constantly frustrated by it. I’ve now made it my ambition to create products to help girls with similar problems get naturally beautiful, perfectly straight hair.

Q: How many hours can hair maintain its shape without re-styling?
A: Hair will maintain the shape best if you take care not to wet hair between washes. In case of bed hair, it’s ok to gently re-straighten.

Q: Are there any cutting techniques to obtain straight hair without frizz?A: If you trim your hair regularly you can avoid frizz. A lightly layered appearance can really enhance a straight/sleek look. The best way to prevent frizz is by having well hydrated, moisturized hair.

Q: What are some of the latest hair straightening techniques you recommend girls should consider?A: Use the right products – Sunsilk’s Expert Perfect Straight with Straight-Lock Technology contains ingredients which will ensure your hair remains straight.

I just love it


1 comment:

  1. Amazing post! I really needed it. My hair is such a mess right now.
    I also love your purple hair straightener! which brand is it? :)

    ReplyDelete