About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Friday, January 11, 2013

A little chat with Lana El Sahely

Lana is a Lebanese pretty young lady and the stylish blogger behind www.larmoiredelana.com, I got the chance to chit chat with here and ask her few questions about her blog, her favourite brands, and most importantly where she shops her cool outfits?


- How did you get started with fashion?
In fact, I grew up very fond of fashion because of my mom’s very strong influence on
me. She has quite an amazing taste and she has strongly contributed to my taste and all of
the things I appreciate in life. They always tell me stories when I was about 3 years old
and I used to be very stubborn about choosing the right purse and shoes with my school
outfits.

- What inspired you to start you blog?
I never thought of pursuing a path in fashion but after a couple of internships in fashion
journalism, I couldn’t resist the idea. A fashion blog combines both my passion for
writing and my love of fashion.


- Describe your style.
 would definitely say that my style is as playful as my mood. My style isn’t really fixed;
it can go from very classic to extremely ecclesiastic. The common point nevertheless is
that I always add a little crazy touch (the color of my shoes, a different shirt cut, etc.).

- Favorite Lebanese designer ?
I am utterly biased and I cannot say anything more than Elie Saab is my number one. I
love that he has built a very single identity to his designs and how he always finds a way
of renewing his vision of the modern elegant woman.
I also adore Basil Soda’s creativity, his dresses are so different and I always go to him
when it comes to shop something that will stand out.


- Who are your favorite designers?
If we’re talking haute couture, I’d definitely say Elie Saab, Basil Soda and Lanvin. As
for pret-a-porter, it’s harder for me to answer because I appreciate several aspects and
styles in fashion. I could maybe say, I love Saint Laurent Paris (YSL) for their classic and
clean cuts, Chanel for their immortal pieces, Balmain for the amazing mix of fabrics and
elements, Stella McCartney for such an innovative view of women fashion and Prada for
their out-the-world creativity. If I were to talk about brands more affordable, I’m addicted
to Maje, Sandro, Claudine Pierlot and the Kooples and ZARA! They really have the
coolest pieces to shop.

- How would you spend a perfect day in Beirut?
My perfect winter Saturday in Beirut would start with a gym training followed by a late
lunch with my siblings, a coffee/dessert catch-up with my best friend and good times
somewhere in Hamra later in the evening.


- Where do you usually shop?
I divide my shopping between Beirut and Paris usually.

- Have you been to Egypt before, if yes how did you find the fashion scene there?
Unfortunately, I’ve only been once to Cairo and for a couple of days so I cannot really
pronounce myself on the matter. Nevertheless, I follow many Egyptian blogs (your blog,
fustany, etc.) and I definitely could see a very edgy and emerging fashion scene. I can’t
wait to go again!


- What are the fashion blogs, you read daily?
Internationally, I love Garance Dore and The Blond Salad. In the Arab world, I always
check myfashdiary.com and hudabeauty.com. As for Lebanon, I really love them all,
especially the closet clause, Closet-Confidence, Fashion To Tracy and Fashionicia.

-What's your favorite city in the world?
For me, it’s always from Beirut to the world and back! But I also adore Paris because I’ve
spent a lot of time there and Douala (in Cameroon, Africa) has a special place in my heart
as I grew up there.


-What was on your Christmas wishlist?
I had my eyes on my Tom Ford’s “cherry lush” red lipstick and an Hermes ‘Evelyne’
purse.

-What was your last purchase?
My latest purchase is a pair of 7 for all mankind glossy snakeskin embossed pants. It
might sound weird but I’m looking forward styling them! There’s nothing like going
away from the classic pair of jeans every now and then! Plus, snake is like the modern
leopard!

- Any future plans, you would like to share with us?
For now, I am planning Paris Fashion Week, I hope everything will go well and I’ll be
able to go there by the end of February to exclusively cover few shows for my blog!!!
Otherwise, few other things are still cooking but I’ll leave them as a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment