About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Friday, November 23, 2012

The No Foundation..Foundation

My mum is a natural beauty she has the perfect hair and the perfect skin, she never had to wear foundation nor compact or anything like that, so I grow up feeling that foundation is fake and I have to say that some particular cake faced ladies around me helped me to reach to that point too :). But growing up and learning more about makeup I understood that sometimes foundation is necessary, I don't like heavy foundation or complete face coverage, but I figured out what I need is some kind of pseudo-foundation, something to gave me a good base, hydration, glow and semi coverage before I apply my makeup. So I did some research, watched tons of Youtube videos, asked my makeup artists friends, and after trying so many products, I came up to these 3 products that I really love and switche between them according to what makeup I will apply.


Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer:
I got this product after reading in several fashion magazine that it's the best tinted moisturizer in the universe, and after watching how Youtube make gurus rave about it, I knew I had to get it. And since Laura Mercier is not available in the Middle East, I got  it from a certain company which gets makeup from the USA and sell it here, it was of course more expensive, but it was worth it.


If you don't know what tinted moisturizer is: it's a facial moisturizer with a hint of colour, so it hydrates the skin and gives it a good but not a full coverage. I chose the oil free version in the colour porcelain, and I got it also in Sand, which is a darker tone than my skin, to give me a bit of fake tan.
*They are available in 9 colours.

Benefit's Some Kind A Gorgeous:

This is the perfect and I mean the PERFECT foundation faker, it's not foundation at all, it's designed for the foundation haters girls as myself. It's has no moisturizing effect, you have to apply moisturizer and (or) primer before it, because if you apply it to dry skin it can look caked. It has creamy texture but it turns powdery when being put on face, I apply it with sponge and it gives really amazing results. I love this product so much, it was even included in my last giveaway. It makes me feel like yeah it's my face but it's prettier, no fake feeling of foundation no strange colours, nothing.

 Garnier BB Cream:
 This was the last makeup purchase I made, and I have been using it for the last two weeks continuously, and ladies I swear by this product. I was taken by the BB cream craze and I was at the pharmacy with my friend who is the one and only  Egyptian makeup Youtuber, and she advised me to get it and I am so glad I did. It comes in three different colours I chose the lightest one, it blends so well to the skin, hydrates the skin, has very enough colour to cover any imperfection, and if you want to know what's the difference between BB cream and Tinted moisturizer, I'll tell you, BB stands for blemish balm, which is a German invention that was used to cure acne but with some hydrating effect, so BB cream has more things to do than the tinted moisturizer, BB cream has SPF, helps achieving uni-tone and removes blemish.



So that were my picks, what are yours ? If you have tried anything you thing I should try it, please leave a comment for me below.


4 comments:

  1. I tried the  Garnier BB Cream , and still using it, it is amazing, I finished one tube already and purchased it again,I use it daily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I always hated using foundation and how fake it made my face even though I used the smallest amount. I think I will try the Garnier BB cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one question is garnier BB cream good for oily skin ?
    i mean didn't it make ur skin look shiny or greasy ?

    ReplyDelete