About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Koshary Rock Chic

Two days before Ramadan I went to try the newly opened Cairo Kitchen, which is a concept restaurant that serves traditional Koshary but in a contemporary way. As soon as we entered the restaurant, we were greeted by the store manager herself, who is a very nice lady who speaks good Arabic and English, she briefly explained to us the idea behind Cairo Kitchen and showed us what they serve.
Cairo Kitchen serves the traditional Koshary that we all know  and love, they also have a diet version with brown rice and brown pasta, that's along the Alexandrian Koshary version which is cooked with yellow lentils and you can add to it either shrimps or veal liver cooked the Alexandrian way, beside their basic menu they have dish of the day, which was Kousha bel bachemal (zucchini bechemal) but it had finished up by the time we were there.

What I wore

H&M Blazer and Ground Zero T.Shirt, I love the mix of YSL and care bears together :)

Going rock chic with studs and spikes.
Bag: Zara, Shoes: New Look, pants: TopShop


Cairo Kitchen


I tried the Sobia, was so good









I ordered the normal koshary, and my husband ordered the Alexandrian Koshary with shrimps and we shared a salad plate that we choose from the salad bar, I have to say that their salad bar is one of the things that makes Cairo Kitchen stands out, we chose spicy wedged potatoes, Tehina with carrots ( must try) and cucumbers with dill and mustard sauce. Eveything was really delicious and the portions were huge I couldn't finish my plate or in this case my pot as they serve the food in white cute pots, I really loved the way they serve the food and the beautiful comtemprary decor and vibrant colours.

What I ate










Cairo Kitchen was kind enough to send over a complimentary dessert, we took the vermicelli pudding with nuts, it was so yummy that in-spite of me being so full I finished all the plate. Cairo Kitchen is not just a restaurant it's a complete experience.

Like Us on Facebook




No comments:

Post a Comment