About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Of Pain and Happiness

Yesterday was one of the worst days ever, I suffered from a horrible food poisoning, I wake up very sick, but I insisted on going to the work, as I had a very important meeting, but I felt sicker by the sec. I stepped into my office, and had to rush to the hospital, I had a lot of examinations, and still waiting to know exactly what happened to me, thank God it's weekend so I could rest a bit at home.

feeling terribly sick and weak yesterday I stayed home browsing the internet, and I stumbled upon a song I have been looking for 14 years, YES 14 YEARS I swear. it was a teaser for MTV India that used to air continuously on the year 1998, I loved it, it's about a young Indian Chai "Tea" boy, or as the Indian say "Chaiwala", the boy was dancing happily in the streets, whilst an old Indian song played in the background. You won't imagine what I did for the past 14 years to find it. from randomly searching the lyrics on Google, to asking some Indian nurses and random taxi drivers " when I am by the gulf area". to asking my Indian friends, and to have to listen to more than 300 old Indian songs, just in case I got lucky and found it among  them. but all this was in vain. Till yesterday I typed some words on Google, and found that another guy was searching for it and someone answered him  with the correct song name ,on one of the musical forums. you won't believe how ecstatic  I was. to the extent I completely forgot my pain and kept on dancing with the song. I felt the God didn't want that bad day to simply pass like this.

Here you can listen to it, you may not love it at once, but listen to it twice you will get hooked up as me. Although I don't understand a single word from it, but  this song represents good old memories and euphoria-tic happiness to me. Seeing that little boy dancing carelessly by the slums of India, regardless of everything, kinda gives me hope and teaches me the happiness begins within.


Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. LOL I think everyone who watched this on MTV has this engraved in their heads :D I think it used to play in almost every commercial break

    ReplyDelete