About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Artistic Thursdays: Hamed Oweis

He's my passion, one of my favourite Egyptian artists of all the time. Hamed Oweis (1919-2011) "May he rest in peace",  he was in a way like my God-father. His work was always an inspiration to me. I  swear I had have pictures of his work, under the glass of my studying desk for more than 14 years now. Oweis graduated from the faculty of fine arts in 1945, and was the dean of the faculty of fine arts, Alex Uni from 1977-1979.  Also he was one of the Co-founders of the Egyptian group of modern art. His work is no on display in big modern- art museums in Russia, Spain, Germany and of course in the Egyptian modern art museum. 












When I was 14 years old I was trying to copy him,  Above is my Attempt to Copy one of Oweis' famous artwork "the workers" , though it's 14 years old, it's just unfinished draft. What do you guys think of my drawing back then ?


No comments:

Post a Comment