About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Quick Lunch At Donburi

Last week I had Lunch a newly opened Japanese restaurant in City Stars called Donburi. It's a very tiny restaurant or to be more accurate it's more like a booth with high stools and a hidden cooking station. As I learned that Danburi means rice bowl in Japanese. Happily Donburi is a Japanese restaurant that doesn't serve sushi nor tirayki  (Thank God), because we are sick from all those new sushi place - some serve it with Kiri cheese YUCK- It's about time the we experience something new from the Japanese cuisine. Their menu is not so big, but it's somehow diverse. I ordered Chicken kots-don, which is steamed rice with breaded fried chicken breast with some Japanese sauce and grated cabbage. it tasted so good and was very filling, as after I ordered it, I doubted that it will be enough for me. I was in hurry so I didn't get to try the soup nor the dessert but they looked so delicious.  But sure I will go again to this cute little eatery and try everything they have, it's definitely a must visit.

Donburi can be tricky to find, it's on the cinema floor around the corner from Alain la Notre.








No comments:

Post a Comment