About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Product of the Month: The Body Shop Banana Shampoo

The Banana Shampoo and conditioner from The Body Shop is a product that will make you go bananas. I used to use this product when I was younger, even before The Body Shop opened in Egypt, I used to ask anyone traveling abroad to get it for me. But sadly this awesome product has been discontinued for some years, till it was relaunched again last year.


The Shampoo is amazing, smells strongly of banana, it's like you soaked your head right into bananas juice, I love banana smell so this works perfectly for me, however I don't recommend it for people who hate the smell of bananas because its scent can be a little overwhelming. On the other hand the conditioner smells more of Pina Colada than of bananas. I never tried to use the shampoo alone, only with conditioner, it leaves my hair soft and helps keeping it straight, one of my friends who has a very sensitive and itchy scalp told me that it helped to soothe down the itchiness.  Also I don't recommend washing you hair with it, if you want to curl your hair afterwards, as I said before it helps to keep the hair straight which is amazing. It's a little bit more expensive than drug store shampoos, but the price difference is definitely worth it.
I heard a rumor that The Body Shop wants to discontinue it AGAIN !!!. I really hope they won't, it's an amazing product after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment