About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

50 things I love about Egypt

Today marks since Egypt's 25th Jan revolution has started, as this blog is completely far away from being a place to discuss politics.
But I thought of something to tribute to Egypt on that special day, that can suit my blog as well so I  decided I would share with you some of the million things that I love about Egypt, my beloved country and the most beautiful one in the world. at least from my point of view.

1-  It's almost two hours drive to the beach or  the desert, you can have a desert camp, go sand boarding or go mountain climbing by just driving for some kilos outside the city, and as there was snow this year in Sinai, next year we will go skiing in Saint Catherine. Yuppie

2- Being able to see the Pyramids in my way home, couple of times everyday- some people save all their life to do this.

3- Molokhya and stuffed peigeons

4- Cairo opera house, I can see a ballet whenever I want.

5- Black and White movies,  if you mute the T.V, you can simply mistake it for a Hollywood Classical.

6- We have the best cotton products in the World..

7- The Love of my lifetime is Egyptian

8- Cairo downtown, Paris' replica, well kinda.

9- Alexandria, Athens replica, even better.

10- Sorry but no one cooks fish like the Alexandrians do.

11- We have the best and the cheapest hairdressers ever, with at least two salons in every street.

12- Luxor and Aswan, a.k.a Heaven's replica

13- A new cafe / restaurant / nightspot or art center is opening every week, even when the economy is collapsing.

14- Whether it's a Sha3by wedding or  party at Tamaria's, we Egyptian knows how to party.

15- from Wekalet el balah to Beymen, the fashion shopping scene is huge and diverse.

16- The fact that you can get anything you dream of, delivered to your door step whenever, wherever.

17- Um Kalthoum, to be honest when I was younger I used to hate her and got mad at my parents when they play her songs but as I grow  up I learned how to appreciate her voice and the music is OMG

18- Chipsy, the best potato chips, I hate greasy lay's

19- Nothing and I mean nothing is like Ramadan in Egypt

20- Mango from Ismailya

21- How creative Egyptian can be, see how many new designers are popping up everyday.

22- No Egyptian alive will tell you " I don't know", they have to come up with anything sometimes it works.

23- Our sense of humor is priceless, we make fun and jokes out of anything, even in the toughest situations.

24- El Azhar and El Hussien

25- growing up in multi-religious country I learned how to respect and accept others with different beliefs.

26- Fouad El Mohandes.

27- Friday morning, when my mum wakes up early before prayer, turns on the Quran and prepares the foul and Felafal.

28- Mahashy.

29-  Long walks in Korba while licking on Mandarin Koueidar ice-cream.

30- El Sultan Hassan mosque, my sanctuary escape.

31- A bookstore just around every corner.

32- Koshary

33- How Egyptian youth can easily sacrifice their lives for their beloved country..."Please pray for our Martyrs"

34- The old tram. I have something for trams, metros and subways.

35- Eating a lot of Basmati rice, I learned to appreciate the short fat tasty Egyptian rice, even if there is stones in sometimes

36- Eating White cheese and watermelon on those hot summer nights.

37- The Bassem Youssef show

37'- Tawfeek Okasha "just Kidding"

38- Roz bel Laban from El Malky

39- Azza Fahmy Jewellery, Yes I am a big fan

40- Spending the day in Zamalek, having breakfast at Simond's then scrolling down the Zamalek street, visting all my favourite boutiques there.

41- Malban Bel eshta from Mandarin Koudeir with Tea a la mint, at the balcony.

42- Grocery and vegetable shopping from Medan El Gama'a

43- Good tailors.

44- Sayees, a job that exist only in Egypt, where a man stands in the streets to help you park and takes money from you after, I know it's annoying for some, but I can't park without El Sayees.

45- Sitting with my late Grand pa at the balcony watching doves flying around El Nour mosque at sunset, that was surreal.

46- The Underground music scene.

47- Felouka by the Nile.

48- The magnificent History this country had.

49- The energy in Tahrir square

50- The Egyptians' kind hearts, that what really mark them.

Masr, I love you.

Noha

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of the efforts on this site. My niece delights in conducting investigations and it is easy to understand why. We hear all about the compelling way you make very useful steps on this website and cause participation from other ones on that point and our favorite simple princess is always learning a lot of things. Take pleasure in the remaining portion of the new year. Your performing a superb job.
    La Canadienne Women's Felicia Boot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reading this post made me LOVE being egyptian and for a couple seconds I forgot everything about the politics and thought about the beauty of this country that I'm proud to live in
    xx

    ReplyDelete