About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Meet Mr.Kojak

Come on, let's meet Mohand Kojak. A super talented young man, who has taken the Cairanne fashion scene by storm recently, he is a designer and fashion photographer, and still a college student,can you imagine what will this guy do when he graduates?!
 
- Mohand you are a photographer, a designer and works in fashion PR, tell us how did all this come up ?
Well, photography was a hobby of mine back in the day, when I enrolled in the Applied Arts program at the GUC, I started taking intensive photography courses that enhanced my capabilities and shots perspective. As for being a designer, that’s my goal in life, I dream it, think it, and be it. I find myself doodling designs all the time, whether on random paper, or my sketchbook. One of the Fashion design courses that helped me a lot, was my intensive three months course with the amazing Deana Shaaban; it really emphasized my artistic side and enabled me to know how to create a collection that belongs to an inspiration. When it came to work in fashion PR, it happened in the most random way, when A friend of mine asked me to join as a graphic designer and photographer for the company, that’s then, but now, I’m the Head of Creative at “The PR Consultants.”



  - Did your college background helped you in this ?
Studying applied arts is really inspiring, it helped me understand different formats of design, and in the end, I’m a designer, I needed to know more about this whole thing called art platform.

 - Tell us more about your upcoming collection, and what was the inspiration behind it?
I’m working really hard on this collection, will announce soon more details.

- Is it hard to start a fashion brand in Egypt? if yes why ?
It’s hard to start a fashion brand anywhere in the world, but if you have what it takes to standout and create something that is different, yet demandable by the market, then you can launch a fashion line wherever and whenever.

 - Who do you look up to ?and what inspires you?
My mother, she’s my inspiration, my mentor, and my backbone.
 - You, yourself have a very unique sense of style, Describe it.
Bohemian, different, self-speaking and outrageously provocative.
 -Are you planning to display your pieces in any boutique?
Not at the moment, probably with the big launch of the F/W15, a plan will be put for the brand by “The PR Consultants.”

 - A big problem in the local Egyptian scene is the imitation, how are you planning to handle copy cats?
Once it starts to happen, I will know that I “made it.” 

Me in Mohand Kojak outfit, for Style icons shoot for Pace E Luce and flair magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment