About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Noha Discovers.... Sama

Sama is a new Egyptian fashion line, that is taking us back to the old romantic days. I had the chance to interview Sama Eissa, the designer behind the brand and got to ask her some questions.

 

- Who's Sama?
 - I like to think of myself as a free spirit with wild mind of my own, I have always had this burning desire inside of me since I was a little child to become a designer, the fashion world in my wonderland in general. I graduated from the American University in Cairo with degree in political science. Afterwards I choose to purse my passion for designing and study it in depth at Instituto di Moda Burgo at the Fashion Design Center in Egypt. Currently I am doing my master's in Global affairs, writing as a fashion journalist in Al Ahram English online and working at (United Nations for Development) UNDP. Basically it's always politics and fashion... Politics is in my blood, fashion is in my bones.


- Tell us more about Sama, and how did you start it ?
 Sama, is my first fashion line represents my childhood dream, I take fashion seriously, and I always believed the way we dress should reflect our soul, it's a statement of who we are.
Therefore, my fashion line wasn't something Fortuitous! Through "Sama" I wanted to give ladies something to wear and feel glamorous like old Hollywood glamour with the satin and peplums; it even shows in the logo and photography let's say something vintage with a modern twist. I just love retro and vintage, well I always feel am from a bygone era hehe I got a thing for vintage.


- How do you describe your own styles and how it reflects on your designs?
- Well, my own is style more like my character black or white, I don't do grey..It's either so vintage and feminine Or rock, dark and intense. You can only see the feminine side in this Capsule Collection, maybe the streetwear-collection could reflect the intense, dark side.


- What inspire you?
 - I am always inspired by retro, vintage, jazz music, old movies like Charade and breakfast at Tiffany, the smell of black coffee, a late walk in a Parisian night in the Champ Elysee ...It's really simple and sentimental things but they do inspire me.

- Which celebrity or socialite do you wanna see rocking your designs one day ?
 - Defiantly Marion Cotillard, she got so much grace and elegance.. she is insanely beautiful.


- How can we buy your designs?
 - My Spring/ Summer Capsule collection launch date and place will soon be announced on my facebook page, you just got to keep on checking

- Any future plans you wanna share with us?
- For now am enjoying seeing my vision being developed in to reality in tangible terms, and super excited for the launch.

*Photos are by Batool Al Adawai, Blow Creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment