About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fur and Divas

At the beginning I want to apologize to any animals lover who may be offended by this post, as I am talking about fur here, I am not really trying to promote violence against animals, I will never wear genuine leather unless it's passed down to me, and I think faux fur rocks. But no one can deny that the fur coat, foulard or even hat has an incredible elegance and chicness. Nowadays not everyone can really wear or afford fur, but faux fur is always a good option and is very fashionable too this season.
In Egypt's golden days, all the high society ladies, actresses and divas had to have a piece of genuine leather in their closet. Here are some photos I have collected for Egyptian divas rocking fur.  When I was going through some pictures I was like OMG :) how come they looked that good, there were really a lot of well dressed actresses at that time. For me the chicest actress ever has to be Madiha Yousri, and Rakyah Ibrahim, I will be dedicating a whole post to their style.

Hend Rostom

Mariam Fakhr El Din

Tahiah Kariokah

Rakyah Ibrahim

Samia Gammal and Huda Sultan wearing fur

Nagat

Queen Nariman and her mother

Shadiah

Sabah

Sabah again

Queen Nariman

Faten Hammam, great picture :)

Sabah again and again and again

Princess Fawazia

Rakyah Ibrahim

Shoikaar

Madiha Yousry

Laila Fawzy

Madiha Yousry again

Asmahan

Rakyah Ibrahim

Shadia

Kamilia

Samia Gammal and Nariman
Guess Sabah did love fur

Obviously yes
Dalidah

The royal ladies of Egypt, Queen Farida, Princess Fawzia and Faiza


And the hats:

Shoikaar

Asmahan

Dalidah

Shams El Baroody

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Egypt golden days ... It makes me wonder, why did we end up like this ?!!!!! It's so miserable!

    ReplyDelete