About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Getting to know actress Amina Khalil

Amina is one of the faces which when you see on the silver screen you feel like you saw her before, I knew her briefly through Facebook, and we happened to go to the same hairdresser, last time we meet we had a chit chat and decided to do this up close, and personal interview. Amina talked about movies, cinema, singing and most importunity fashion.


How it all started!

- First Congratulations on your brilliant roles in this year's Ramadan drama, you were more than amazing, but we would like to know more about you, and your background.
Thank you very much ! Allah Yebarik feeky :)
Well, I'm the middle of 3 sisters. I was born in the states but have lived in Cairo all my life, except after college when I decided to do a little exploring. I went to AUC and studied Theater (I am part of the old campus crew and think the new campus is scary!) I am a Scorpio. And I have four cats, two birds and a dog. 

- How did you start acting?
Ever since I was a kid, really. I used to reenact scenes from all the movies I watch and perform them for my family which I'm sure was annoying! I always took part in school plays and drama classes in school. I shot my first film in Germany when I was 12. I majored in theater in college so that gave me the opportunity to learn how to act, and after college I went to programs in different acting schools around the world, which took things to a whole new level. 
Movie Time
- What was your toughest scene so far?
Ok, I'm going to be very honest here. I freak out whenever I have a scene where I need to cry. I don't usually cry easily in my own personal life unless its really something that gets to me. So whenever I have a crying scene, I'm always a little paranoid. So I need to prepare a little extra for those ones !

- The funniest?
The scenes in the series " Sharbat Loz" when the full cast was in a scene together - those were just absolutely hilarious. Samir Ghanem, Yosra, Tamer Hagras, Ragaa El Gedawy, Mohamed Farrag, Chahin, and everyone else in that crazy family. We would just crack up laughing and joke around all the time.


- Which movie (Arabic or foreign) you wished you could starred in  ?
I don't think there's one specific movie I wish I could have been in but, I have always wished to be in a film set in a different time period. Like Troy or Gladiator or even the Ramadan series Napoleon wel Mahrousah, or Omar. I think that's a challenge I'd like to face one day.

-  We know that you sing too, tell us more about your singing career ?
I wouldn't really call it a "career" more like a pursued hobby. I love music and I could spend everyday making music. Ive been singing since I was a kid, but nothing professional, just whenever the opportunity arises really. Then mid 2011, I joined 'Soopar Lox'. A live house music band, mainly born under the roof of Cairo Jazz Club. We performed together for a few months which was absolutely brilliant and really helped put my name out there on the music scene. I then recorded the track "On The DanceFloor" with Mayan Fawaz which managed to get international acclaim. And right now I'm exploring accoustic arabic sounds so music is just a never ending experiment for me.

- Future plans ?
I don't know, work-wise its really difficult to say, because you truly never know whats next. There are a few options but no concrete decisions have been made just yet. Personally, I'm thinking of going to India for a few weeks. 


Fashion Time:
-You have a unique sense of fashion, how can you describe your style?
I have no clue how to describe it. I'm in jeans and a white t-shirt about 300 days a year. And on that I throw on different accessories, bags, shoes, belts, jackets, scarfs, depending on how I feel. I love dressing up for parties, weddings and such events, I'm all about playing dress-up.

-Favourite designers international and local ?
Internationally: Ive recently developed loyalty to Dolce & Gabanna and Marc Jacobs makes bags like no other.
Locally: I'm so supportive of all local designers, Yasmine Yeya is brilliant.

- What is the most favourite clothing item inside your wardrobe?
This pair of nude-colored stiletto heels. I wear them everywhere and my friends are bored of them but they're just so comfortable and sexy.


Let's Get Personal: 
 -Favourite movie? 
 So many, and they cover all different genres. Ive been watching so many good movies lately, old and new.. Im going to say.. The Devil Wears Prada because its a classic chic flick on every girls list of great movies.

- Favourite song? 
Florence & The Machine - 'The Dog Days are Over' and Coldplay 'Fix You'.

- Favourite place to hang in Egypt?
 Mornings - Left Bank has such a cool vibe, I love how sunny it is and they have a great peach smoothie. Evenings - La Bodega is a classic place, an conveniently located about 5 minutes from where I live.

- Favourite City for vacation?
 Beirut, Lebanon. Less than hour away and such a vivacious city. Beirut has something for everyone. 

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME INTERESTING INTERVIEW...ENJOYED READING IT..THANX FOR SHARING WITH US!!!!

    ReplyDelete