About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DIY: How to fix cracked pressed powder!

So one good after noon, I was busy finishing some work on my laptop while my 1 and half year old baby Hassan was sitting on the floor playing with his toys, everything was pretty cool and quiet. Till Hassan got bored from his usual toys and decided to dig into mummy's makeup bag and got out my favourite NARS blusher and cracked it into pieces. I was in a shock since it's really difficult to get NARS in the Middle East specially after they withdrew their products from all Sephoras in GCC, and the only store which I know of, that stock them here in Egypt, retails them for more than triple their original price.

I was really going to throw it :(


My poor baby


Anyways I decided I won't give up and remembered what one day a makeup artist I knew told me, about  how to fix the broken pressed powders. I tried it with fear, but I kept reminding myself I won't lose anything, it's already broken. But it really did work and I was impressed with the result, so if you have any cracked powder, don't throw it away, save your money and do this little trick I will show you.

You will need:

1- Rubbing Alcohol " I used the spray, the one we use for disinfecting skin before injections"
2- Clean tissues
3- Anything heavy to press " round hand lotion tubes works fine"
4-Qtips to clean afterwards
5- Don't forget to wash your hands and clean the tools you will use before doing this.

The Method:

1- I used my Clinique face gel to crack the rest of any remaining pressed pieces, to make it all homogenous fine powder.

 2- I wrapped the bottom of it with clean tissues. be careful, don't use printed tissues because the powder will have the same print.

 3- Keep on pressing till all becomes grounded like loose powder



  4- Spray the alcohol on the powder till it becomes paste, this will make it so easy to put back inside the container again, and press it with the tube. Don't worry if it got too wet, the alcohol will evaporate anyways.


5- leave the paste inside the container to dry, I would advise if you could leave over night.

6- get the Q-tips and wet with alcohol and clean the edges.

7- Voila almost like new pressed powder. It may not look so cool, but it will return to be pressed powder again, won't fall off the container again,  and you will notice that nothing has happened to the colour and you can use your brush over it safely.



I hope this DIY post was helpful for some of you. Tell me if you try it, how it goes.


3 comments: