About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Love/Hate For Neon

Couple of days ago, I sat down with some gorgeous ladies and a well dressed gentleman for a business meeting, after the formal business talk was over, we found our selves surrounded by a pink neon Balenciaga bag, and neon lime green Cambridge satchel bag, hence a conversation about neons was stroked. Me and my boss " who happens to be one of the most fashionable ladies, I have ever seen" agreed that we preferred pastels over neons, and that neons can be sometimes cliched or abused by some ladies. I swear I saw some girls dressed shamelessly from head to toe in all the neon spectrum that's be known to the naked human eye.

After awhile I was catching up on some of the last month's fashion magazines, and I saw a very beautiful editorial featuring yellow neon colour, it made me think to myself " Noha, you don't hate neons that much, especially pink, you can't live without your pinks girl". I then opened my wardrobe to see what neon coloured stuff do I own, of course I glimpsed some scattered pink neon items here and there, in addition to my somehow new but abandoned yellow neon Cambridge satchel, that I carried so many times, that I couldn't stand seeing it for another minute, so I buried at the depth  of my closet. I can now frankly say that I hate neons except for the pinks and the yellows. Well as for pink we can all agree that I will never ever gave up my sincere love for it, but yellow is a definitely novel thing for me, I dunno why but I am like obsessed with yellows right  now especially when mixed with navy blue or matte black.
Here are some inspirational pictures that I collected to show you, how to add a neon pop of colour to your outfit without looking to cliche.




Celine



Proenza Schouler

One of the Kardashians sister carrying a Balenciaga clutch, I don't really know her name

I love

Another Celine

I am dying t get that double spiked ring

sandals available at Sarah's bag

Love love the spiked ring, lol

Mira Duma in Jason Wu dress, photo curtsey of Symphony Dubai

Mixing to trends, flare pants and neons

Super Model Miranda Kirr

neon snack

Cambridge satchel




theblondesalad.cm

3 comments:

  1. I spot my spike ring! Great post Noha, I totally agree, when it comes to neon, less is more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great post! I am in love with yellow neon aswell... I love yellow neon heels, purse, clutches and nails colour
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in love with all pix, especially that nice yellow heels,, just love it ,, good work :*

    ReplyDelete