About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Snow White movies battles, Who is the fairest one of all?

Queen: Slave in the magic mirror, come from the farthest space, through wind and darkness I summon thee. Speak! Let me see thy face.
Magic Mirror: What wouldst thou know, my Queen?
Queen: Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?
Magic Mirror: Famed is thy beauty, Majesty. But hold, a lovely maid I see. Rags cannot hide her gentle grace. Alas, she is more fair than thee.
Queen: Alas for her! Reveal her name.
Magic Mirror: Lips red as the rose. Hair black as ebony. Skin white as snow.
Queen: Snow White!

Since as long as I can remember, me and my middle brother used to come home from kindergarten, and while my mum was preparing Lunch, we used to watch Disney's Snow White, everyday literally. and I swear till our day we both still know the dialogue by heart. Disney's Snow white is the movie of my childhood, and I can say that it really left a big mark in my life, and that evil queen was the scariest thing I ever saw in my entire life, I still see her in my wildest nightmare.
So 2008 when I visited Euro Disneyland in  Paris, as a part of a Euro-trip I decided to take by myself (maybe will post about it one day), the first thing I was looking for is the Snow White area, and I remember, I spent all my money that day buying the all seven dwarfs stuffed toys.


In 1937 Walt Disney adapted the Grimm brothers is story Snow White, which is one of the fairy tales they collected from Europe and it's origin is believed to be German. he did some changes in the storyline so it can be presented as a Cartoon for children as the original story is a little bit scary, for example in the original one the prince did go and kissed snow white and she was awake, and they got married, but when the vain queen returned back to her castle and asked again her Mirror who is the fairest one of all, it yet again it replied snow white, so the queen went to the Snow white and the prince's wedding not knowing that the bride is Snow white,and as  she sees snow white alive and kicking she got her heart broken and as a punishment for her wicked ways, she was forced to dance in a pair of heated iron shoes till she dies. well that's in my opinion  hilarious and wicked. 


And two we are having two new Snow White movies, each with a different storyline but both are closer to the scary dark side of the tale than the sweet one that we all love. However I guess there will be a big competition between the two movies and between the two big stars and we will be asking ourselves (WHO IS THE FAIREST ONE OF BOTH).
the first one is Mirror Mirror staring Julia Roberts as the Queen and Lilly Collins as Snow White, while the other one is Snow White and the Huntsman is staring Charilze Theron as the Evil Queen and Kristen Stewart as Snow White,to be honest I can't wait to see both.






here are their trailers, tell me what do you think will be better.,










but here is the best song from my favourite Cartoon ever



2 comments:

  1. cant wait to see the two movies too. weve been craving good films for a while. i too loved snowhite as a child. my favourite princess for sure. keep it up. u took me back a good 20 yrs. loved the piece. and wer waiting for ur comments on the movies once theyre out. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This certainly brings back a lot of memories! Nice article, Sis. I am more interested in Tarsem Singh's adaptation (Mirror Mirror) as I really did like his previous work (The Fall) and I am looking ahead to finally watch his latest movie, Immortals.

    ReplyDelete