About Me

I am an Egyptian girl with unhealthy appetite for makeup. clothes, and everything pink and girly.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Leila Murad in Chanel

Amidst the political chaos that's happening now in Egypt and despite the fact that I am now outside of the country, I just can't resume my everyday normal routine, whenever I put my mind into delivering a new post, I found my self distracted with the news or with another talk-show discussing the current situation. However this blog is not about politics, but my patriotic instincts -temporary- refuse to blog about anything other than Egyptian. Today I am writing about one of the greatest Egyptian singers of all time" Leila Murad", not only she had a wonderful voice, great movies and huge fan-base, she was THE fashion icon of her time, with big french names designers specially tailoring her customs, and jewelers sending her incredibly astonishing jewelery pieces. She was a big inspiration to the Egyptian creme a la creme ladies, who used to follow her fashion footsteps, and go to the same designers as her or even have the Haute Couture flaw direct from Paris. In case you don't know at the 40's and  the 50's, Egypt was one of the big main cities for fashion, high society women were dressed in Dior, Cartier and many more, some of the big designers used to send their collections first to Egypt, before even launching at their hometowns. Well Europe at that time was engaged in war and politics disturbance.

Here is Leila Murad in a Chanel gown that was specially tailored for her by no one else than the great fashion house CHANEL. See how gorgeous it is. Leila wore this gown in "Habib El Roh" movie starring her ex-husband Anwar Wagdy and the great theatrical actor Youssef Wahby, in one of their great roles.




Thanks to the one and only Egyptian male fashion blogger Akram AlNagdy who passed this fashion tip to me, guys you have to check his blog: http://www.theroyalcouturier.blogspot.com/, he blogs only about royal fashion and he is only 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment